Git Stack for Windows. Git Server, Client, Plugin and Code review tools for Windows.
We aggregate and tag open source projects. We have collections of more than one million projects. Check out the projects section.
Git is a fast, scalable, distributed revision control system originally written by Linus
Torvalds. Git Server is initially written for Linux and later ported to Windows, Solaris and Mac. This article provides pointers to various Git server , Git clients, plugin and code review tools for Windows. It will be a Git complete solution stack for Windows.
Git for Windows
, It is complete fork of Git and it is maintained by Git community.
is an open-source, pure Java stack for managing, viewing, and serving Git repositories.
It's designed primarily as a tool for small workgroups who want to host centralized repositories. It can be used as a complete Git stack for cloning, pushing, and repository access control.
Git GUI client
- The coolest Interface to Git Version Control.
is the only graphical user interface for Git that allows you control Git without using the commandline. It supports Windows Explorer integration for Git and Visual Studio (2005/2008/2010/2012) plugin for Git.
is a sleek and powerful git GUI, powered by Python.
- A cross platform filemanager plugin. It was started as a Windows explorer extension so the standard gui tools (namely Git Gui, Gitk History, Git Gui Blame) of Git would be available from the filemanager.
- This free desktop app combines a simple-to-use graphical Git client with central visibility into essential developer tasks such as defect tracking, agile planning, code reviews and build services. This is free but NOT open source.
- A free Git client for Windows or Mac. Create, clone, commit, push, pull, merge, and more are all just a click away. This is free but NOT open source.
Git plug-in Clients:
- Branch, merge, clone, and synchronize repositories from Eclipse with EGit. Work with issues, pull requests, and Gists from Eclipse with the GitHub Mylyn Connector.
is a module for the NetBeans IDE that adds support for working with the Git version control system.
Git Source Control Provider
is a Visual Studio extension that integrates Git with Visual Studio.
- A set of PowerShell scripts which provide Git/PowerShell integration.
- Web based code review and project management for Git based projects.
There are two Git servers available and you could choose either one. Git For Windows (Msysgit) is maintained by Git community itself. They will try to maintain the same features in all ports. The advantage of GitBilt is, it is written in Java and it is platform independent.
In case of client, if you prefer open source then choose GitExtension or TortoiseGit. If you prefer free tool then choose either SourceTree or GitEye.
Rest all plugins are depending upon your environment, you could choose. If you want Git with visual studio then choose either GitExtension or Git Source Control Provider (Gitscc).