JForum is a powerful and robust discussion board system implemented in Java. It provides an attractive interface, an efficient forum engine, an easy to use administrative panel, an advanced permission control system and much more. Built from the ground up around a MVC framework, it can be deployed on any servlet container or Application Server, such as Tomcat, Resin and JBoss. Its clean design and implementation make JForum easy to customize and extend. It is fast ans scalable. JForum caches frequently accessed data to avoid excessive querying of the database.
Its features include:
- Easy installation through graphical web interface
- Unlimited forums, categories, and topics.
- Support for several popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and HSQLDB.
- Karma - Rate messages and users.
- Easy migration from phpBB.
- Friendly URLs.
- Listing of currently online users.
- RSS syndication.
- Email notifications for topics on private messages.
- Integrated private message system.
- Topics can be locked/unlocked and moved between forums.
- Robust security system.
- Supports individual themes/templates for users.
- Support for different languages; easy to add new languages.
- User and Group management.