Apache Karaf - OSGi distribution for server-side applications
Karaf Container is a modern and polymorphic container. It's a lightweight, powerful, and enterprise ready container powered by OSGi. By polymorphic, it means that Karaf can host any kind of applications: OSGi, Spring, WAR, and much more. It uses either the Apache Felix or Eclipse Equinox OSGi frameworks, providing additional features on top of the framework.
Its feature include:
- Provides a complete Unix-like console where you can completely manage the container.
- Enterprise-ready container, providing many management indicators and operations via JMX.
- Provides a complete security framework (based on JAAS), and provides a RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) mechanism for console and JMX access.
- Embeds a SSH server allowing you to remotely access the shell using any SSH client.
- Directly drop your applications in the Karaf deploy folder, they will be directly deployed for you.