PatientOS - an Open Source (GPL) Healthcare Information System. PatientOS (pronounced Patient-oh-es where O and S stand for Open Source) has been designed from the outset to be a Healthcare Information System (HIS). Healthcare Information System (EHR EMR PMS) for small hospitals and clinics. Scheduling, Orders, Meds, Pharmacy, Clinical Doc, HL7, Billing & more. Broad commercial support. Distributed clinical system written in pure Java with toolset to customize.
The software architecture, design patterns and framework has been built for the complexities and challenges of an enterprise wide information system. Its feature include:
- Standards - LOINC lab results, ICD9/10, CPT, OpenEHR, CCR, CDA.
- Billing - Charges, Invoices, Claims.
- Medication Management - Med orders, administration, eMAR.
- Unlimited number of forms can be created using the Form Editor.
- Every menu and toolbar can be customized per user, per role, per group using the Form Editor.
- Quick reg, outpatient, inpatient and custom registration forms can be created using the Form Editor.
- Export and import patients to and from XML.
- Day, Week, Month views for provider, multiple providers or other resources
- View results received from an HL7 interface with a lab system (ORU^R01).
- Define your own fields and data elements to capture.
- Scan complex paper forms as images.
- Integration with Medispan supplemented with PatientOS screening
- Allergy checking.
- Adverse drug effect checking against medical conditions.
- Prescription wizard with dispense and dose instructions.
- Unlimited number of lab tests can be created using the Lab Test Editor
- Assign patients a patient portal login
- Create standalone reports using iReport
- Generate server side SQL reports for client viewing.
- Create custom batch jobs for repeated execution