Metakit - embedded database library with small footprint
Metakit is an embedded database library with a small footprint. It fills the gap between flat-file, relational, object-oriented, and tree-structured databases, supporting relational joins, serialization, nested structures, and instant schema evolution. Metakit stores individual columns separately (column-oriented architecture).
- Both the code and datafiles are portable. All byte-ordering managed by the library.
- Store multiple nested data structures, to create document-centric applications
- Recover from system-failures
- Support of both 32 and 64 bit platforms
- Supports sorting, relational join / group by, set operations, permutations, hashing
- Python and TCL client APIs available