kdenlive - Powerful multi-track video editor
Kdenlive is a video editor, which supports DV, AVCHD (experimental support) and HDV editing. Kdenlive relies on several other open source projects, such as FFmpeg and MLT video framework. It is designed to answer all needs, from basic video editing to semi-professionnal work. Kdenlive can read, edit and export Flash video. Kdenlive supports most audio formats for reading, mixing and exporting. It also offers experimental support for non-destructive audio and video codec. Its features include:
- Multitrack edition with a timeline and unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Video and audio tracks organized in layers.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Ability to add custome effects and transitions.
- Non-blocking rendering using a rendering separate application. Stop, pause and restart rendering. Continue to work on your project without any possible loss of data.
- Export to standard formats: DV, MPEG2 etc
Kdenlive offers rich set of creative effects such as Simplyfing image colors, Adjusting image brightness, Emboss effect, Greyscale, Distort image, color equalizer, Glow effect, Remove colors, Invert colors, Image hue, Mirror image etc.
Supported formats: DV, HDV, AVCHD, Tapeless formats support like mpeg, avi, mp4 and mov, Audio formats like: Uncompressed PCM, ac3, mp2, mp3, vorbis, wav, Flash support, Image formats like: gif, png, jpeg, xcf (Gimp format), exr, tiff, svg etc.