JasperReports is the world's most popular open source reporting engine. It is entierly written in Java and it is able to use data coming from any kind of data source and produce pixel-perfect documents that can be viewed, printed or exported in a variety of document formats including HTML, PDF, Excel, OpenOffice and Word.
JasperReports can use any data source provider, allowing it to extend reporting capabilities to almost any third-party application. When it is not possible to access data through JDBC, or when you do not want JasperReports to interact directly with a database, you can implement a custom JasperReports Data Source. In addition, any report can use data from multiple data sources, which can even be of different types. Its main feature includes
- Pixel-perfect page-oriented or continuous output for web or print
- Dashboards, tables, crosstabs, charts and gauges
- Report output in PDF, XML, HTML, CSV, XLS, RTF, TXT
- Multiple data sources of multiple kinds in one report
- Internationalized and Localizable
- Flexible Data Sources